The Laguna Niguel Military Support Committee was formed in 2007 and is an official committee of the City of Laguna Niguel. The Committee consists of 18 citizen volunteers and two City Council Members who support the City’s three adopted military units – 1st Battalion, 4th Marine Regiment, the USS Stockdale, and the 1st Assault Helicopter Battalion, 140th Aviation Regiment.
The Laguna Niguel Military Support Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, supports the activities and events of the Military Support Committee.
The Foundation accepts donations on behalf of the Committee and disburses funds as needed to help accomplish the Committee’s mission.
The men and women of our armed forces and their families often face special challenges and needs. The Committee works closely with command-appointed liaisons from these units to determine their needs and how best to meet them.
The Committee conducts a variety of fundraising activities and relies heavily on the kindness and generosity of the public, businesses,
and corporate sponsors to support events and activities that include:
- Sending care packages to deployed units.
- Providing baby gifts to expectant mothers.
- Providing family members travel expenses when a service member is injured or deceased.
- Sending cards & letters to the troops.
- Sponsoring welcome home receptions, holiday parties and holiday toy drives.
- Providing funds for special medical treatment not covered by insurance.